Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blast from your past

It's been one helluva Team Grodek month. Maj and Paj were here. We did the typical tourist forays: Cemetery tours, Cemetery lunches, Strip walks, Strip teases, Thai treats, Incline seats. They were going to come here last month for Little Italy days, but Maggie, Liam, and I went to Maryland for the Renaissance Festival the same weekend. I think my favorite part of that was seeing my vegetarian friend Maggie take a whopping mouthful out of a giant red roasted turkey leg.

Presently, I'm in Chicago with Selena while she alters a sunshine yellow three dolla bill ya'll trench coat for me. We just dropped off the rest of the sibs in their respective transportation mode stops. Getting here was more difficult than that, and more difficult than I wanted it to be. Danielle and I BOTH missed our flights, hers from Columbus, mine from Pittsburgh. Funny enough, after our standby status was confirmed and passed, our flights were miraculously delayed and perfect in timing in that we arrived in Chicago minutes apart.

Brent had never been here before. The occasion was a 1000th show spectacular from one of my favorite bands. We couldn't remember the last time we'd all been to a show together. It was magical and sweaty, much like this New England day in 2005:


No comments:

Post a Comment