Thursday, April 29, 2010

Allrecipes, you ole dog, you

I'm not sure how many times I've tried to make brownies from scratch.  I usually get discouraged at the inevitable cake-like texture that so many recipes yield.  It's completely horrendous.  Who wants cake when they are expecting the moist, dense, rich, delicious brick we all know and love so, so well?  I discovered the perfect recipe last night during my attempt to stay awake until dawn (all zombie-ness and no sleep make Jordana go crazy).

Angie's Best Brownies recipe are the best brownies indeed.  Although, to be completely honest, I'm not sure I can actually tell where Betty Crocker boxed mix lies on the scale.  That woman sure knows her KitchenAid mixer.



Best Brownies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Oil/butter and flour an 8x8 pan

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c AP flour
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking powder

Directions:
Melt butter in medium saucepan.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar, lightly beaten eggs, and vanilla.
Stir in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for ~25 minutes.
(When doing the toothpick test, I like to ensure the toothpick still has bits of brownie on it).

I did not frost these brownies.  They are just sweet enough.  Perfect.  Also, I did not beat/whisk this batter at all.  I think that beats in too much air and yields the cakiness I loathe so much.  I think next time I will try to use parchment paper as well, as the brownies did not lift so famously from my oiled, non-stick Wilton pan.  I suppose it matters only if presentation is your thing.


Other news:
Parental units are visiting this weekend
On Sunday I am going to eat birthday cake until I can eat birthday cake no more
I am working tonight
Jenny is coming to play soon
I finished my Public Health Nursing course last night
I am TOTALLY DONE with Pitt forevermore (hell to the yeah!)
Jon Scott got us tickets to see one of my favorite UK singers
Selena and I leave for Puerto Rico in 15 days

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Those better be some damn tooting brownies. I don't wanna hear I miss the HB cause "I have to work" blah blah blah. Wait, that looks familiar, hmmmm. You better be out for soul night mofo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Griskargot...the HB is good only for pretzels and bros. Will definitely save a dance or two for you tonight!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete