Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How I spent my pre-vacation vacation

Over the past few months (and especially after passing that blasted NCLEX), I've tried to make the most of my time here in good ol' Grafton, OH. These are some of the things that have been occupying my last weeks here.


Ear candles??!! What a wonderful little invention!! They are even more invigorating when done in the best of company. Jen left the drone of Athens to celebrate her birthday at home and to ensure I didn't ignite my hair when it was my turn to do the candling.



This is my new home!!!!!!! Dad and I went to Pittsburgh last week to find a lease I wanted to sign. Found it. Turns out I'm going to be a mere block away from Rachael, my childhood friend who is going to the University of Pittsburgh as well beginning this summer. The irony!! I'll be moving in the weeks following my return from the east.



I've spent some of my favorite times in the past few months with my best gal Jenny. We've celebrated many birthdays recently (her sister Megan, cousin Travis) and spent several nights engrossing ourselves in late night episodes of Top Chef and various Discovery Health programs. I'm pretty sure there's not a better time I could ask for :)



I had the opportunity to visit Selena, Jay and Molly in Chicago. This megabus trip was, by far, the best bus ride ever of all the many times I've been to the windy city. We ate at The Ethiopian Diamond and hand-fed each other lovingly with injera, the pancake-like bread you see lining our platter.



Jay, a few weeks ago, was featured in a Columbus/international art show fittingly entitled Sugar Craft. It was full of delectably sugary pieces, both edible and non. He's seen on the left in his hand-sewn bear suit.



A few other noteworthy endeavors:
  • becoming RN licensed in PA
  • securing a position at UPMC Presbyterian on a medical stepdown unit
  • FINALLY, at long last, patronizing a Grafton Township pancake breakfast with Kelsey, my craziest friend by far
  • being treated like royalty at a NY spa compliments of Tita Terry...I will never again drink water without cucumbers floating in it!
  • learning of the wonders of Skype
  • saying goodbye to my fabulous coworkers at Welcome Nursing Home...I'd forgotten how difficult it is to say so to great groups of people

As for this pre-vacation, well, it sure wasn't spent exactly like Wallace Bleff's, but similar, maybe?


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you leave so soon already. I'm definitely going to miss you!!
    -Dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordana, I think you meant "coincidence" not irony, but I'll let it slide. You must still have some candle wax in your head, preventing you from recalling your precious AP English lessons with Ms. Bibby

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ...crazy, I know!! I woke up this morning and panicked because I have nothing ready. Ahhhh...procrastination.

    Doonyaa...the last few months' lacking of your daily helping of bacon must be getting to your brain, for you don't seem to remember how to spell Miss Bibbee's name. I guess I can't blame you; I know I can't think clearly until I get my 6 servings of bacon at my mid-morning snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you got the job at UPMC, that rocks! Did you get it in the unit you were hoping for?

    Get Buddha-licious in Nepal :)

    PS I love injera, soo delicious. We'll have to go to Abay, an Ethiopian place in Pittsburgh, to celebrate your return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, fo sho fo sho. There were other dishes I badly wanted to try, but this tummy can hold only so much. And the unit I want, yes! Medical stepdown, what what!!

    ReplyDelete