Thursday, March 5, 2009

T - 24 hours


I leave so soooooooooon. I've finally decided that whatever junk I've so thoughtfully tossed into my luggage should be sufficient. We're having spaetzles tonight for dinner. The Last Supper. I'm thinking that I may later regret not choosing something more elusive to Nepal. Like cow. Lots and lots of cow. I think it's okay that I won't be seeing it for awhile. I've never been much of a steak fan.

Here's my flight itinerary:

Depart: 7:55 pm Cleveland
Arrive: 8:30 pm Chicago
Depart: 9:55 pm
Arrive: 11:30 am London
Depart: 10 pm <====== yes, that's right chillun, a ten hour layover
Arrive: 11:45 am Delhi
Depart: 1:15 pm
Arrive: 3:15 pm KATHMANDU!!!!

Perhaps the most frightening thought of this entire trip is that something may go wrong with the flight/transit. Danielle had problems with her luggage and flight cancellations. I guess it wasn't the end of the world, but a remarkable inconvenience, nonetheless. Oh well, I should be fine.


9 comments:

  1. Don't forget to pack extra toilet paper in your hand bag -- you know what happened to Danielle when her luggage was lost in Rabat -- she had to resort to the 3 shells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 shells? Maj, I need some elaboration here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loring knows what I'm talking about! Jordana, you are flunking Mom Cult Flicks 101 -- per Demolition Man, in the future, toilet paper is a thing of the past and one has learned to use the 3 Shells. Similarly now in the Middle East (as Danielle knows) & the Philippines, they currently use a cup. "Tabo" it's called in the Philippines, we grew up in Parma OH with a tabo cup sitting on the back of the toilet tank. Remember that for our next family reunion trivia game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my lord, your total travel time from home to new home is like 70 hours...right? I think so. That's ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, no that's not right. It's like 45 hours. Still!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma, I choose to forgo TP most times, but am too embarrassed to tell the other girls I'm staying with, because they all use TP like no one's business. They sell it here for about 15 rupees a roll, which is maybe 20 cents or so. You can get it at any little shop within walking distance. I bought one roll just to fit in with the other volunteers, but have hardly used it. Is it appropriate to divulge such information here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OTOH, a whole new use for that ExOfficio line!

    ReplyDelete